28 May 2012

Anger Management




From my first year at the NFTS, this is my 'Project Two' film.
Project two focused on character development and gave us the chance to work with voice actors for the first time.

The only rules we had was using our character, and someone else's- we have to make them hug.
My character was 'Simon', a Bat with anger management issues... the character I got was 'Vincent', an elderly Cartographer who is bitter with the world... not the most likely to hug.

The film is done completely in Biro (Ball point Pen) on paper (using a light box) Being in able to make mistakes sped me up- as I only had a few weeks to make the film.
The set up is- Simon and Vincent meet in the canteen of a community centre. Vincent has been to Calligraphy class, Simon to Anger management.

My Top animating speed on this project was 112 Frames (Individual drawings) a day- but I did have to sellotape the Biro to my hand, due to RSI...  I could only keep up that speed for about 2 days (@_@)

No comments:

Post a Comment